UrbanDaddy is currently looking for a talented, self-motivated Social Media Editor who can help us create content and develop audiences across all of our social platforms. We're not just looking for someone to post links and prepackaged content. The right candidate will be well-versed in creating, curating and promoting provocative and compelling content, generating web traffic, participating in memes, crafting stories and architecting brand visibility. Basically, they'll love the challenge of getting attention and generating traffic through creative social content.
In order to do this well, they will have a deep passion for the UrbanDaddy brand and lifestyle, and will be just as comfortable firing off a witty Snapchat as they are planning strategy for various editorial creations and partner-driven advertorial campaigns. The Social Media Editor understands content marketing and audience development as well as the rapidly changing social media landscape, and will have a vision for success in a very competitive market. Most importantly, they comprehend analytics and are comfortable turning data into stories while returning valuable insights to better develop new and innovative social media strategies.
We would expect the right candidate to have a few years of experience, have some successes under their belt and be ready to take on a role where they can really have an impact.
If you want to create social media content for a cutting-edge media company experiencing explosive growth, you should apply now.
Your Mission Should You Choose To Accept It:
- Create, curate and promote provocative and compelling content across our social media channels
- Build audience, engage followers and generate web traffic from social channels
- Work closely with editors to plan, implement and manage weekly schedules for all social media content
- Identify the most compelling, on-brand visuals to accompany content and package those for effective sharing
- Cultivate advocates who actively participate in social events, such as Twitter chats, etc.
- Identify relevant trends, stories and traffic opportunities and present them to editorial, marketing, creative and product teams
- Collaborate with editorial and marketing teams to evolve and guide social media strategy
- Seamlessly integrate social media into campaigns from our counterparts in sales, marketing and partnerships
- Track and respond to relevant social conversation
- Monitor and continuously improve social media reach and engagement metrics
- Test and optimize creative, messaging, target audiences and placements
- Create reports and present progress to stakeholders
From Within Your Arsenal:
- 4 to 6 years related professional experience ideally creating content and building audience/engagement for a publisher, brand or agency
- Ability to put forth big ideas, stunning creative and spot-on copy in support of new content, the product and the brand
- Quick thinking, great calm, excellent taste and a sharp and witty sent of humor that shines through in your work
- A strong understanding and undying love for the UrbanDaddy brand, specifically in food, nightlife, culture, style and entertainment, with the ability to connect these with the national conversation in noteworthy and innovative ways
- Experience and proven ability to develop social media content that generates social reach and builds web traffic
- A complete and instinctive understanding of social networks, new trends and how they can be leveraged collectively to drive impact, loyalty and engagement
- Power user skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Keynote and Google Apps
- Experience with Adobe CS and Final Cut Pro for short-form video a huge bonus
- Ability to learn, utilize and improve internal systems and processes
- A desire to be involved with an entrepreneurial company
- Talent, plain and simple
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at UrbanDaddy. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.